Sunday, May 28, 2006

The only way to heaven...

Disclaimer: I don't have anything against religion and anything I say below are just my opinions.

"Is Jesus Christ in your heart? because he won't just come in, you have to invite him in. As you know, he's our ticket to heaven"

Now how do you respond to this sort of thing? You're working, a customer stops you and asks you these questions. In a way, I still don't understand what this lady was truly asking ST and I but I finally got her to let us go by acknowledging that "Christ is with me". Ofcourse she meant well but I'm sure there exists a better way for relgious sects to go around spreading the word.

And while we're on this topic, another incident which I was unfortunate enough to not experiance was a phone call to one of my coworkers that went something like...

Customer: "Hi, I would like to know the prices of mirrors that you have with x dimensions"
J: "okay, just hold-on a second while I go take a look"

Now the customer kept on changing the dimensions of mirrors that they were looking for and thus J had to run back an forth to the phone so eventually the customer got upset, vented their rage and hung up. Typical, nothing new, just an unsatisfied customer, okay back to work.

BUT

They call back... asking for an apology... and the best part...

"The only way to heaven is through our lord Jesus Christ"

yeah... so J being Catholic and all forgave said customer and was more than relieved to have ended such an odd conversation 'cept he's got a reputation for always getting the odd ones.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahh, this story never gets old. I mean "I've never heard this before! Ha. Ha."

Religion is always a touchy subject for those who are well aware of their surroundsings. I never like to talk about it because of the fact that it can go horribly wrong.

People deeply immersed in whatever religion can creep me out. I mean I believe, but not up to a point where I wear a robe and carry what I think is a light sabre.

ochiro said...

Hey, if it's really a lightsabre... count me in :D

Anonymous said...

Ya, that's the most bad-ass religion I've seen.

Raj said...

You must support the England football team.