BCIT, PS3, another large update!
Maybe I should just do small one paragraph mini-updates...
Why do I have a PS3? How big is the dent in my wallet? Find out next.. wait a second...
Damages came to $642 total with taxes and all for the 60GB package. That's minimal chords, and one controller. Yes no game... so I've been burning through demos from the Playstation store.
This morning I had Armored Core 4, Genji: Days of the Blade, Ninja Gaiden Sigma, and Resistance: Fall of Man ready for the testing.
Armored Core 4:
In the future, people pilot Cores (Mechs) and go around doing mercenary work. You get to customize just about every aspect of your Core and go around doing missions earning money to do more upgrades. Sounds like lots of fun, too bad the missions don't span more than 60 seconds and the environments look somewhat bland. The main differnece in the fourth installment was the change in the boosting how you pretty much had to be boosting all the time and it only started to drain if you were aerial boosting so you could fly accross the terrain on problem.
I wanted to buy this game mainly because I've been told that Resistance wasn't satisfying that it ended abrutly and was a bit short supposedly. And I'm a fan of giant robot games plus I've played the PSP and PS1 Armored Core except in those previous ones, I was pigeoned holed into superior weapons/armor to finish missions as opposed to using skill. Another thing that annoyed me about the series was limited ammunition. To be honest, I'm fine with that but give me some combat knife that I can repeatidly use. In the demo I was in flooded Shanghai killing battleships and I ran out of ammo.. then I was pretty much a headless chicken running around.
Genji: Days of the Blade:
Takes place in feudal Japan, some army that uses demonic powers to transform themselves into ferocious demons to go around conquering stuff. With four playable characters at your disposal you're suppose to stop them and bring peace, at least I think so. Praised for being a graphical achievment but having lame gameplay. Playing it on my 19" LCD Monitor makes it look like high-end PS2 game, seriously, Teh I hate you, one day you're going to wake up and your 52" LCD TV will be missing, then you're going to ask yourself "Where did my 52" LCD TV go?".
The gameplay is quite bland... even with four characters that you can immediatly switch between. In the demo, only three are usuable. Dual sword wielding guy, guy with giant club, and chick with blade-on-a-string. Maybe I've been spoiled buy better games like Devil May Cry 3, oh wait, did I say "better"? yah because the fighting is lame. You get 2 attack buttons and 1 special button which ranges from charge-up-a-big-hit, dashing, or grappling enemies from a distance depending on the character you're using. The fighting felt very lacking.
I wasn't really looking forward to this game, I've read the reviews and I agree with them, even drawing from the Capcom's Onimusha series, it just felt lacking.
Ninja Gaiden Sigma:
A PS3 remake of Ninja Gaiden Black for Xbox360, you play Ryu the famed ninja and you go around sergically killing all those in your way to retrieve the evil Dragon Sword(That or it's twin, I can't remember) that your village was entrusted to seal and protect. Apparently it's so hard, it'll kill you according to penny-arcade, I'm too lazy to go find the comic strip.
The new stuff for the PS3 is enhanced graphics (looks like ass on my end), a new dual sword weapon and more levels for the female fatale in the game. The action is quite solid, jumping around from wall to wall, decapitating your opponents, launching them into the air, you're a spinning whirlwind of death. The demo unlocks all the weapons I believe which are nunchucks, katana, dual wielded swords, and a spear with a thicker bow (sorry, forgot the proper name). So far a solid game.
Finishing the demo unlocks a stage for the female character where you're in a room that continually spawns enemies for you to kill and surprisingly she wields a scythe. Would I buy this game come July? doubtful, in the 3rd person action genre I'm waiting for Devil May Cry 4.
Resistance: Fall of Man
In an alternate past, Hitler failed to rise and instead the Soviets went on a conquering spree, or something like that. Anyways there's some wierd virus/disease going around transforming people into freaks or alien nature and they're the main bad guys. The rest of the world bands together to fight them back. The main character (you) is somehow resistant to the disease and you go around shooting anything that moves or something to that effect. A first person shooter, kinda looks like Call of Duty/Medal of Honor with different enemies and.. different, more high tech. weapons.
What I didn't understand is... my M1 Carbine Rifle... why does it's bullets have travel time?
I didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I would have. This is because I CAN'T PLAY FPS GAMES ON A FEKKING CONTROLLER.
Looking back when MMX and I finished Halo 1 on xbox... I must've been a burden to him, I was probably off in some corner wasting ammo or being his meatshield/decoy 'cause seriously, I can't aim for my life.
On the plus side, Resistance supports cooperative play which I have a thing for, probably due to the lack of coop games.
I didn't even get past the first area in the demo...
Overall, was PS3 worth it? I suppose...
Maybe it's the cables that make it look so... blah... on my end the view is a bit grainy. Oh yes, why did I buy it, I have a whole bunch of PS1/2 games I would like to enjoy such as games from the Final Fantasy series and Kingdom Hearts, I've also yet to finish Devil May Cry 1 as I am not a 'man' unless I do so. There's also God of War 2 but TheStore didn't have it in stock =/
Yes, currently I've bought a PS3 to play.. non-PS3 games... shut up.
I also bought it because I passed my two BTech courses for the Spring 2007 semester. I was so certain I would fail them, Wireless Networking and Liberal Arts: Somthing about Canada. With both courses I failed their midterms and did poorly on assignments but I studied like my life depended on it for the Finals... well... my life did somewhat depend on it. And in the end I got the minium 50% and 60% to pass XD
During the wait time from the end of my finals to the posting of my grades, I told some people that I would buy a PS3 if I passed those courses.
I still have to do my report for my first practicum =/
I'm very unmotivated to do it, but I have a second practium that I must also do in order to get my "you have completed your BTech" peice of paper.
I guess I should get back to writing my report, cheers.
Tuesday, May 15, 2007
Third Time's a Charm
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment